Take a look at these amazing galleries by clicking one of the thumbs below:
Until recently, after a certain age, women were limited when that had to choose their hairstyle. Everybody was expecting for a medium or short haircut, with a classic or professional look. But now, times have changed and the best hairstyles for women over 50 are fun, sexy and wild, colored and textured.
Don’t be afraid to get a modern hairstyle just because you’ve reached a certain age. Get a haircut that suits you and your spirit and enjoy looking hot. Here are the best hairstyles for women over 50:
- Shoulder Length Cut – It is one of the best hairstyles for women over 50 because it needs low maintenance, but gives you a mature and polished look. It suits any face shape and if you add swept bangs, you will get an extra stylish look. It looks great in any hair color, but you can add some highlights to brighten up your face and look even younger.
- Extra Long Haircut – Many mature women tend to avoid long hairstyles, but this is not necessary. With extra care and weekly hair mask, your hair will look great even in your 50s. If you have long hair, try to avoid layers and you will get a mature, elegant look. To get one of the best hairstyles for women over 50, just take the example of Demi Moore.
- Short Pixie Hair – With no doubt, this is one of the best hairstyles for women over 50. It is very popular because it doesn’t need maintenance and it looks great even in the morning. You can wear it elegant or sexy; it is all up to you. The spiky cut, like Jamie Lee Curtis, looks amazing on any face shape and will make you look a couple of years younger.
- Messy Look – This is one of the best hairstyles for women over 50 with curly or wavy hair. Cut your hair short and enjoy the trendy “messy” look. The layers are very important in this hairstyle, so ask your hair stylist for short layers all around your hair. The good news, this haircut is perfect for day and evening looks as well.
If you passed a certain age and you feel like needing a change, the 2014 hairstyles for women over 50 are the best solution for you. You can choose a short haircut, which is versatile and easy to maintain, or a longer one, if you are still not convinced about such a huge change. The great news: all 2014 hairstyles for women over 50 will give you a new and stylish look, making you feeling fresh and at least 10 years younger.
When you choose your new haircut, keep in mind it has to suit your shape face, your personality and of course, your age. Most of the 2014 hairstyles for women over 50 will cover all your imperfections, helping you to look like a diva or a rock star.
To help you decide what look to get, here are the best 2014 hairstyles for women over 50:
- Pixie with side-swept bangs – It is a chic and sleek look, perfect for older women. The side-swept bangs will cover your forehead wrinkles, drawing all the attention to your eye. It is a cool and easy to maintain haircut: all you need to do is to play with your finger and some mousse in your hair.
- Feathered shag style – This is one of the best 2014 hairstyles for women over 50, because it is modern and adventurous. It will do wonders for you and it is very versatile. You can have an edgy, an elegant or a funky look in a couple of minutes. It looks best in dark or natural hair colors.
- Soft graduated bob – If you want a classic look, this is the haircut for you. Ask your stylist for some layers that will frame your face nicely, covering imperfections. It is a feminine and delicate look that will take away at least 10 years.
- Classic bob – This is a longer haircut, right above the shoulders, but is one of the most popular 2014 hairstyles for women over 50. This haircut will never go out of style. Dry it with a blower and a round brush for extra volume and a thicker look.
See the full gallery by clicking below thumbs:
The next year will come with a very fresh trend in hairstyles, and it also applied to mature women. 2015 hairstyles for women over 50 are predominant short and medium, and but they suit both formal and informal events. The secret is to get a layered hairstyle, which looks edgy and fresh.
Keep in mind that the best 2015 hairstyles for women 50 will help you look younger, be more confident, and hide all your week points. You need to find a haircut that will frame your face nicely, and even hide your wrinkles if it is possible. Check the trends, discuss with your hair stylist, and find the best 2015 hairstyles for women over 50.
If you feel ready to look trendy next year, and you want to be fashion and look trendy, here are some ideas of 2014 hairstyles for women over 50:
- Asymmetric bob – The bob was always in trend, but in 2015 it will be totally hot. However, if you want to be the trendiest woman wherever you go, ask your hairstylist for an asymmetric bob. Get also bangs, and cut it on one side. You will love it.
- Medium fringe – Do you want a fresh, sporty haircut? The best solution for you is a medium fringe. For extra volume, get some highlights as well, and you will enjoy one of the best 2015 haircuts for women over 50. So stylish!
- Caramel pixie – The very short pixie haircut was always hot, but next season you have to dye your hair caramel blond. Some highlights will help this time again if you want to add texture to your hair, so make sure you ask your hair stylist for it.
Simple and elegant – Probably you didn’t think to get a simple haircut, in one length, with no layers. But the simplest things can me the best. You will enjoy one of the most elegant 2015 hairstyles for women over 50.