Take a look at these amazing galleries by clicking one of the thumbs below:
Until recently, after a certain age, women were limited when that had to choose their hairstyle. Everybody was expecting for a medium or short haircut, with a classic or professional look. But now, times have changed and the best hairstyles for women over 50 are fun, sexy and wild, colored and textured.
Don’t be afraid to get a modern hairstyle just because you’ve reached a certain age. Get a haircut that suits you and your spirit and enjoy looking hot. Here are the best hairstyles for women over 50:
- Shoulder Length Cut – It is one of the best hairstyles for women over 50 because it needs low maintenance, but gives you a mature and polished look. It suits any face shape and if you add swept bangs, you will get an extra stylish look. It looks great in any hair color, but you can add some highlights to brighten up your face and look even younger.
- Extra Long Haircut – Many mature women tend to avoid long hairstyles, but this is not necessary. With extra care and weekly hair mask, your hair will look great even in your 50s. If you have long hair, try to avoid layers and you will get a mature, elegant look. To get one of the best hairstyles for women over 50, just take the example of Demi Moore.
- Short Pixie Hair – With no doubt, this is one of the best hairstyles for women over 50. It is very popular because it doesn’t need maintenance and it looks great even in the morning. You can wear it elegant or sexy; it is all up to you. The spiky cut, like Jamie Lee Curtis, looks amazing on any face shape and will make you look a couple of years younger.
- Messy Look – This is one of the best hairstyles for women over 50 with curly or wavy hair. Cut your hair short and enjoy the trendy “messy” look. The layers are very important in this hairstyle, so ask your hair stylist for short layers all around your hair. The good news, this haircut is perfect for day and evening looks as well.
If you passed a certain age and you feel like needing a change, the 2014 hairstyles for women over 50 are the best solution for you. You can choose a short haircut, which is versatile and easy to maintain, or a longer one, if you are still not convinced about such a huge change. The great news: all 2014 hairstyles for women over 50 will give you a new and stylish look, making you feeling fresh and at least 10 years younger.
When you choose your new haircut, keep in mind it has to suit your shape face, your personality and of course, your age. Most of the 2014 hairstyles for women over 50 will cover all your imperfections, helping you to look like a diva or a rock star.
To help you decide what look to get, here are the best 2014 hairstyles for women over 50:
- Pixie with side-swept bangs – It is a chic and sleek look, perfect for older women. The side-swept bangs will cover your forehead wrinkles, drawing all the attention to your eye. It is a cool and easy to maintain haircut: all you need to do is to play with your finger and some mousse in your hair.
- Feathered shag style – This is one of the best 2014 hairstyles for women over 50, because it is modern and adventurous. It will do wonders for you and it is very versatile. You can have an edgy, an elegant or a funky look in a couple of minutes. It looks best in dark or natural hair colors.
- Soft graduated bob – If you want a classic look, this is the haircut for you. Ask your stylist for some layers that will frame your face nicely, covering imperfections. It is a feminine and delicate look that will take away at least 10 years.
- Classic bob – This is a longer haircut, right above the shoulders, but is one of the most popular 2014 hairstyles for women over 50. This haircut will never go out of style. Dry it with a blower and a round brush for extra volume and a thicker look.
Make sure you visit the gallery by clicking smaller thumbnails below:
Are you in your 50s and don’t know what are the trends for hairstyles in 2014? Well, the current hairstyles for women over 50 include medium and short length hair, layers, bangs and strong colors. Even if you are not used to wear your hair like this, don’t be afraid of the current hairstyles for women over 50 and ask your hair stylist for a new haircut.
If you cannot decide on one look, here are the best current hairstyles for women over 50. Choose one and enjoy being trendy in 2014:
- Framed one length – Perfect for fine hair with a lot of volume, this haircut will make you look great. Avoid too many layers; you need layers only to frame your face, but they won’t remove the volume of your hair. This is one of the current haircuts for women over 50 that will make your face look slimmer and longer, giving you a fresh touch.
- Color dimension – One of the biggest problems of older women is the thickness of their hair. Now you can get a hair that looks thicker if you dye your hair in a two-tone color. Try two blonde colors for a fresh and stylish look.
- Beachy curls – This is one of the current hairstyles for women over 50 that will give you a youthful touch. It will help your hair to look thicker through the curls. This is a perfect hairstyle for summer!
- Mane accessories – Did you ever think to accessorize your hair with a fringe and face framing? Well, this will help you to give dimension to your hair. The different lengths will also give you a stylish look. The good news is that you can get this hairstyle on any type of hair.
- Low and steep – For a contemporary feel, get an A-line steep bob. This is one of the current hairstyles for women over 50 that will build some volume to your hair. The hair will fall naturally towards your face, but will curl under. It is one of the most elegant hairstyles for women over 50.